Cooking Meat/Wild Hog Brine

Question
Great instructions and brine recipes. Can the meat be frozen for  later cooking once the brine solution has been rinsed off? Thanks for the help.

Answer
Bob:

I don't see why not. I have not done it, and the only thing I can think might be a problem is the brine puts a lot of moisture into the meat.  That moisture will crystalize when frozen and will rupture the cells of the meat more than just freezing meat would normally. So you might end up with port that is a bit mushier than normal, and a lot of the moisture you took pains to put in by brining will ooze out when you defrost it.

Its worth a try.  Be sure when you defrost it, to put it in a pan or on something as it might get a bit messy if the freezer bag leaks.

Cooking Meat

Keith Patton