Cooking for Parties/salad proportions

How do I figure out how much lettuce (romaine for caesar) spinach/mesculin for strawberry mango salad I will need to purchase to make salads for approximately 60 guests. There will also be sweets and some other food on the menu.

I guess it would depend on how many of each that you expect to serve.  Do you know?  Did you ask?  If so, I need to know so I can help you.  If you don't know, you are about to learn a very expensive lesson when you have to make 120 salads for 60 people since you don't know who wants what.  You know that little box on wedding reception RSVPs that asks Chicken or Beef?  Now you know why it's there.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman

I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

Catering and parties are a large part of the restaurant business. I do a lot of catering for local parties and weddings.
Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Past/Present Clients expert for 9 years, owner with 30 thousand original recipes on site.