Cooking for Parties/salad proportions

Question
How do I figure out how much lettuce (romaine for caesar) spinach/mesculin for strawberry mango salad I will need to purchase to make salads for approximately 60 guests. There will also be sweets and some other food on the menu.

Answer
I guess it would depend on how many of each that you expect to serve.  Do you know?  Did you ask?  If so, I need to know so I can help you.  If you don't know, you are about to learn a very expensive lesson when you have to make 120 salads for 60 people since you don't know who wants what.  You know that little box on wedding reception RSVPs that asks Chicken or Beef?  Now you know why it's there.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman