Cooking for Parties/Simple reception for 300

Question
For a mid-afternoon wedding reception, we'd like to serve cheese/crackers, fruit, and shrimp/cocktail sauce, and wedding cake. We will have coffee and lemonade. We are thinking of buying large ready-made platters. Please give me an estimate of the quantities needed for 300 people. All suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Answer
Serve iced tea too.  Lemonade tastes awful with cake and tea is dirt cheap to make. Get your cake at Wal-mart as you can get 2 three tier cakes for about $250 for a his and her cake and the cakes at WM are very good--you could have 1 chocolate and 1 vanilla.
Figure 4-6 shrimp per person, 6 oz of fruit per person, 2-3 oz of cheese and 8-10 crackers per person.
16 oz of non-alcoholic beverages per person (use small cups)and 1 slice of cake pp.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman