Cooking for Parties/Wedding buffet help please!

What a fantastic person you must be to take time to answer people's questions!
My problem is that I have, somewhat rashly, offered to do the catering for my daughters wedding this August near Salisbury, UK. I should add at this stage that I have had a reasonable amount of experience as a small caterer over the years but now it's for my daughter, everything has gone out of my head.....!!
They want a traditional wedding buffet for 80 people: Cold Roast Beef, Cold Ham, Dressed Salmon, Coronation Chicken, four or five salads and warm minted New Potatoes.  For pudding, I am just doing Lemon Tarts, Chocolate Tarts and Strawberries and Cream.
Would you be so kind as to advise me of quantities for the main course and recipes if possible?
Any help would be much appreciated!

You need to cut back on your menu items in a big way because if you don't, you are going to have tons of leftovers and waste.  Here's the rule of catering as to how much you will need per person:
7 ounces of cooked meat or pasta entrée (NOT BOTH!!)
4 ounces of each side dish up to 3
3 ounces of salad greens
1 4 ounce dessert serving
6-8 appetizer bites per person
16 oz of non-alcoholic beverage
2 oz of chips per person
1 oz of dip per person
Multiply the ounces times the number of guests and then divide by 16 to give you pounds of food and the beverage by 128 to give you the number of gallons of beverage you will need.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman

I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

Catering and parties are a large part of the restaurant business. I do a lot of catering for local parties and weddings.
Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Past/Present Clients expert for 9 years, owner with 30 thousand original recipes on site.