Cooking for Parties/Wedding Ceremony and Reception

My wedding is going to be simple...meaning, I don't have a huge budget. It is scheduled for 2pm on April 6th. I have decided to have an elegant yet whimsical dessert/sweet bar. I will be doing a cheesecake bar (cheesecakes bought at Sam's Club per your suggestion) with topping bar. I also want a s'mores bar and possibly a chocolate fountain bar (fountains purchased at WalMart or borrowed from friend). I will have a small wedding cake and grooms cake as well. Coffee, water, sweet tea, and lemonade for drinks. My question (s):

1) for 200 people and at 2 pm...will this menu suffice?
2) for flowers I am doing pinwheels...could I use both the round pinwheels and the pinwheels that move or should I stick to one type of pinwheel?
3) I have brown metal folding chairs in reception can I make them prettier...without breaking the bank? I was thinking about getting various strands of ribbon and lace and simply tying it around back of chair...thoughts?

2 pm is not a meal time, so a light dessert bar will be very nice.  You can do a smores bar, but I don't recommend it as people will have to stand there for several minutes toasting their marshmallow and that won't work for 200 people.  Do a fruit buffet instead with prosciutto wrapped melon chunks, bacon wrapped teriyaki pinapple chunks and some cheese hunks or baked brie with fruit (super easy and elegant) to counteract all the sugar.  Meatballs in sauce and some chicken wings might be a good savory counter point too.
Pinwheels that move are more fun and interesting than stationary ones.

You can rent chair covers in zillions of colors for about $1-2 per chair from most party rental companies or look on line.  They will deliver them and you put them over the chairs and then the rental company will pick them up.  You would probably spend that much on the ribbons and it won't look as nice.  

Make your bouquet from silk flowers and it will be cheaper and last forever.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman

I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

Catering and parties are a large part of the restaurant business. I do a lot of catering for local parties and weddings.
Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Past/Present Clients expert for 9 years, owner with 30 thousand original recipes on site.