Cooking for Parties/corned beef and cabbage for 100

Question
We regularly cook meals for our community of 100 plus people, but can find few recipes.  How much corned beef will it take to feed this many?  How long to cook it?  What would go with it without cooking too many things? (We are planning potatoes, carrots, the usual). How DO you cook for this many?  Can we do it the day before?

Answer
You will need about 10 oz (precooked weight) corned beef per person.
1 large potato per person
6 oz cabbage per person
1.5 carrots per person
That's all you will need except for butter and dinner rolls, figure 1.5 rolls per person.
You can cook this in advance and reheat--but you will need to save the cooking juice to reheat in it
OR you can reheat the potatoes in the oven and the meat, cabbage and carrots in the microwave.

Any recipe can be modified for a crowd using simple multiplication.

For example for 6 people:

3 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
   10 small red potatoes
   5 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
   1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges

For 100 people:

50 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
   100 large potatoes
   100 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
   20 large heads cabbage, cut into small wedges

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman