Cooking for Parties/open house snacks for approx 150

QUESTION: I am planning my daughters college graduation open house. Planned menu is a taco bar with pulled pork and ground beef taco meat and small flour tortillas, refried beans, Mexi rice, and tortilla chips with cheese sauce and salsa. I will have diced tomato, shredded lettuce, sour cream, and cheese for the tacos. Keeping in mind that people often hit more than one grad open house in a day and this is not a sit down meal, what quantities of the meats should I plan on purchasing?

ANSWER: Plan on two tacos per person. Without seeing the recipes, I can't tell you how much to buy because I don't know how much the recipe calls for.

QUESTION: The pork is slow cooked pork loin with a rub, then pulled/shredded. The beef is browned ground round with taco seasoning. No real recipes. I just wasn't sure how much to plan for in each small tortilla and didn't know how much shrinkage to expect.

ANSWER: I can't tell you how much shrinkage to expect without knowing the cut of meat you plan to cook.
2 oz of meat per tortilla should be plenty. Taco Bell uses that per taco.

QUESTION: Thanks for not reading my questions at all. I specified I was using pork loin and ground round. While waiting I have read some more of your responses to other questions and noticed your catty way of responding and that you do not allow your responses to be rated. Don't bother with a nasty response I won't be wasting any more of my time reading them. *** Rating: 0 out of 5 ***

I did read your questions.  You did not supply me with the information I needed to answer them.
How can I tell you how much shrinkage you will have when you don't tell me the cut of meat you are using? Ground beef shrinks at different rates depending on the amount of fat in it--but did you bother to tell me whether you are using 70-30 or 80-20 or 90-10?  No.  You said you were using pork loin but you don't tell me which part of the loin which makes a difference on the amount of fat and bone in the meat.
Don't blame me because you don't know enough about what you are doing to send the information I need to help you.  That's like me calling you on the phone and asking you to tell me what color shirt I'm wearing. I'm also changing your question to public so that people can see what an idiot you are.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman

I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

Catering and parties are a large part of the restaurant business. I do a lot of catering for local parties and weddings.
Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Past/Present Clients expert for 9 years, owner with 30 thousand original recipes on site.