Cooking for Parties/Alfredo 250

Question
We are having a graduation party and are expecting approximately 250 guests. My daughter wants an alfredo sauce and bowties pasta. We are not sure how much pasta to cook and how much alfredo to have ready? Also what suggestion do you have for keeping the alfredo from gumming up.

Than you for your help.

Answer
Pasta with Alfredo sauce is the single most difficult dish to hold. It doesn't keep well on a steam table and the sauce breaks with reheating.  You will need 3 oz of uncooked pasta per person and 8 oz of Alfredo sauce per person.  Vaya con Dios because you are in way over your head trying to make this in a home kitchen for this many people.  A restaurant couldn't do 250 servings of pasta Alfredo in one service so I'd suggest you rethink this.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman