Cooking for Parties/graduation

Question
I am cooking for approximately 70 people  - this is my menu but was not sure how much of each
Meatballs
Baked Shells
Penne vodka sauce
Eggplant
Chicken - cut up chicken with lemon and vinegar
Sausage and peppers
Spinach bread
Pepperoni bread

Answer
You need to cut back on your menu items in a big way because if you don't, you are going to have tons of leftovers and waste.  Here's the rule of catering as to how much you will need per person:
7 ounces of cooked meat entree or
12 ounces pasta sauce and 2 2-oz meatballs or 4 1-oz meatballs per serving
3 oz uncooked pasta per serving
4 ounces of each side dish up to 3
3 ounces of salad greens
1 4 ounce dessert serving
6-8 appetizer bites per person
16 oz of non-alcoholic beverage
2 oz of chips per person
1 oz of dip per person
Multiply the ounces times the number of guests and then divide by 16 to give you pounds of food and the beverage by 128 to give you the number of gallons of beverage you will need.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman