Cooking for Parties/Pasta Salad for 200

How much pasta can I cook at one time in one pot?
How far in advance can I cook pasta and cut up veggies?
I am hoping it would work to do it 4 to 5 days in advance. Due to traveling to where wedding is and cooking area having to be shared. Not to mention my sanity.
Please Help.
Thank you
Mother of the Bride

I would think it would depend on the size of the pot which you didn't provide to me. However, pasta needs plenty of water so you can't pack it into a pot. Pasta has a short shelf life after cooking as it begins to ferment and taste sour.  You are not going to be able to cook pasta salad for 200 in a "Shared cooking space".  Your best bet to do it cheaply is to take your recipe to the deli section of a major supermarket and ask if they will make it for you.  A lot of places will, but if they don't, then you are in way over your head.  Most commercial venues will not allow food brought into their venue that has not been made in a licensed kitchen and you should also prepare for the probability of food poisoning.  You are in way over your head here.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman

I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

Catering and parties are a large part of the restaurant business. I do a lot of catering for local parties and weddings.
Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Past/Present Clients expert for 9 years, owner with 30 thousand original recipes on site.