Cooking for Parties/Pasta Salad for 200

Question
How much pasta can I cook at one time in one pot?
How far in advance can I cook pasta and cut up veggies?
I am hoping it would work to do it 4 to 5 days in advance. Due to traveling to where wedding is and cooking area having to be shared. Not to mention my sanity.
Please Help.
Thank you
Mother of the Bride

Answer
I would think it would depend on the size of the pot which you didn't provide to me. However, pasta needs plenty of water so you can't pack it into a pot. Pasta has a short shelf life after cooking as it begins to ferment and taste sour.  You are not going to be able to cook pasta salad for 200 in a "Shared cooking space".  Your best bet to do it cheaply is to take your recipe to the deli section of a major supermarket and ask if they will make it for you.  A lot of places will, but if they don't, then you are in way over your head.  Most commercial venues will not allow food brought into their venue that has not been made in a licensed kitchen and you should also prepare for the probability of food poisoning.  You are in way over your head here.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman