Cooking for Parties/wedding reception for 150 guests

Question
will 24 packages of uncooked spagetti feed 150 guest? will 12 16oz.packages of sauce feed 150 people.The sauce is already pr-packaged and ready to serve. I just have to cook the pasta. What size of a bag and or how many bags do I need to purchase to serve 3oz. for 150 people of salad.

Answer
It depends on the size of the packages of uncooked spaghetti, if they are 1 pound packages, then no, they will NOT feed 150 guests. 12 16oz packages of sauce will feed 24-28 guests.  You don't want to buy bagged lettuce for 150 people as it will cost a fortune.  Use head lettuce instead, it's much cheaper, much better and much fresher.  If you don't know the math sufficient to calculate how many pounds of lettuce you need for a 150 people at 3 oz each, you do NOT have the skill set to successfully pull this off, and you really should hire a caterer.  If you are a friend of the bride, you are going to be ruining her wedding because you have no idea what you are doing.  I'm not going to give you the answers because then you won't learn.  I will, however, TEACH you how to do this on your own so that you KNOW how to calculate this kind of event in the future.  I'm a firm believe in "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man HOW to fish and he eats every day." so, if you want to learn, give me a call. 618-363-6636
Have a calculator, paper and pencil when you call.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman