Cooking for Parties/wedding reception for 150 guests

will 24 packages of uncooked spagetti feed 150 guest? will 12 16oz.packages of sauce feed 150 people.The sauce is already pr-packaged and ready to serve. I just have to cook the pasta. What size of a bag and or how many bags do I need to purchase to serve 3oz. for 150 people of salad.

It depends on the size of the packages of uncooked spaghetti, if they are 1 pound packages, then no, they will NOT feed 150 guests. 12 16oz packages of sauce will feed 24-28 guests.  You don't want to buy bagged lettuce for 150 people as it will cost a fortune.  Use head lettuce instead, it's much cheaper, much better and much fresher.  If you don't know the math sufficient to calculate how many pounds of lettuce you need for a 150 people at 3 oz each, you do NOT have the skill set to successfully pull this off, and you really should hire a caterer.  If you are a friend of the bride, you are going to be ruining her wedding because you have no idea what you are doing.  I'm not going to give you the answers because then you won't learn.  I will, however, TEACH you how to do this on your own so that you KNOW how to calculate this kind of event in the future.  I'm a firm believe in "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man HOW to fish and he eats every day." so, if you want to learn, give me a call. 618-363-6636
Have a calculator, paper and pencil when you call.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman

I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

Catering and parties are a large part of the restaurant business. I do a lot of catering for local parties and weddings.
Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Past/Present Clients expert for 9 years, owner with 30 thousand original recipes on site.