Cooking for Parties/Small cocktail reception for 100

My fiance and I are getting married in May at an afternoon wedding and we want to do a small cocktail reception. We are ordering nice pre made platters but are having an issue with how much to order. This is what we would like:
An antipasto platter with prociutto and salami
Garlic baked shrimp
A variety of cheeses
Olives and artichoke hearts
Asparagus and mushrooms
Grapes and melon
Assorted breads and crackers

2-3 small desserts and cake

The reception starts at 2 and gets over around 6. Most people will be driving in from out of town. Just a note, my half of the family which is pretty extensive are all pretty big eaters. I have read alot of things about quantity but they all seem to be different and not specifically about our circumstances. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks!

Order 2 platters of everything but the breads and crackers--you can do those yourself much cheaper and have plenty of backups if needed.
1 platter of the mushrooms and asparagus will be plenty
and I'd go with 4 of the garlic baked shrimp as that will be the most popular with the meatballs coming in in second place.
you will need 3-5 appetizer bites per person per hour.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman

I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

Catering and parties are a large part of the restaurant business. I do a lot of catering for local parties and weddings.
Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Past/Present Clients expert for 9 years, owner with 30 thousand original recipes on site.