Cooking for Parties/Lasagna

My niece is getting married and having 150 guests. Making Lasagna, how many chafing dishes do i need to make? How soon can I make ahead and freeze? Wedding July 6th. Thank you Kim

Do yourself a tremendous favor and go to Sam's or Costco and get 15 pans of their Stouffer's or Michael Angelo's frozen party size meat lasagna (or a couple of veggie lasagnes for the non-meat eaters.  If you set them out to thaw the night before, they will cook MUCH faster.  Put 4 in the oven 90 mins before food service starts and keep them warm in a chafing dish while you cook another 4 so that you have 8 pans ready to go at serving time and then bring out another 4 for refills as the crowd goes through the lines. (of course if you have oven room you should try to get all 15 out at once) They are cheaper by about 50% than making your own and I SWEAR that no one will no the difference.  I've done this at many events and got tons of compliments on the great "homemade" lasagne--and of course I kept my mouth shut!
You can make some homemade sauce if you want and pour about 12 ounces over the lasagne to add a special touch if you like, or some extra cheese on top is always a good way to sell the "homemade" aspect.  15 pans of lasagne will be less than $200, you can't make it at home for that price.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman

I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

Catering and parties are a large part of the restaurant business. I do a lot of catering for local parties and weddings.
Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Past/Present Clients expert for 9 years, owner with 30 thousand original recipes on site.