Cooking for Parties/Lasagna

Question
My niece is getting married and having 150 guests. Making Lasagna, how many chafing dishes do i need to make? How soon can I make ahead and freeze? Wedding July 6th. Thank you Kim

Answer
Do yourself a tremendous favor and go to Sam's or Costco and get 15 pans of their Stouffer's or Michael Angelo's frozen party size meat lasagna (or a couple of veggie lasagnes for the non-meat eaters.  If you set them out to thaw the night before, they will cook MUCH faster.  Put 4 in the oven 90 mins before food service starts and keep them warm in a chafing dish while you cook another 4 so that you have 8 pans ready to go at serving time and then bring out another 4 for refills as the crowd goes through the lines. (of course if you have oven room you should try to get all 15 out at once) They are cheaper by about 50% than making your own and I SWEAR that no one will no the difference.  I've done this at many events and got tons of compliments on the great "homemade" lasagne--and of course I kept my mouth shut!
You can make some homemade sauce if you want and pour about 12 ounces over the lasagne to add a special touch if you like, or some extra cheese on top is always a good way to sell the "homemade" aspect.  15 pans of lasagne will be less than $200, you can't make it at home for that price.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman