Cooking for Parties/party for 350

Question
QUESTION: I am making food for 350.  Someone is doing the pulled pork.  I will be having a corn salad and BLT pasta salad.  In addition to that we will have a cheese tray, and veggie tray.  My question is, how much of each salad should I make.  I have an idea, but keep second guessing myself.  This is for a Sunday lunchtime birthday party.

Thank you!

ANSWER: Without knowing the complete menu, I cannot speculate how much salad you will need.  Are these 5 items the complete menu?  If not, then I need to know the complete menu.  If it is then you will need more of these items since there would be a sparse selection of items.  If not, and there are many items you will need less.
However, there are some things you might want to think about: MOST if not all venues these days will NOT allow food to come in from outside sources or an unlicensed kitchen but if you are using a lodge hall with cooking you should be able to do your own.
Here's the rule of catering as to how much you will need per person:
7 ounces of cooked meat or pasta entrée (NOT BOTH!!)
4 ounces of each side dish up to 3
3 ounces of salad greens
1 4 ounce dessert serving
6-8 appetizer bites per person
16 oz of non-alcoholic beverage
2 oz of chips per person
1 oz of dip per person
Multiply the ounces times the number of guests and then divide by 16 to give you pounds of food and the beverage by 128 to give you the number of gallons of beverage you will need.

QUESTION: Yes, the five items are the full menu, other than cake.  So, I would need 87 pounds of each salad?

Answer
Round it up to 90, but yes you will need to make 180 total pounds of salad to feed 350 people.  Hope you have a big fridge!  Also, pasta salad sucks up dressing like a sponge so it will need to be re-dressed before serving or it will be as dry as if it were just cooked pasta that had never had dressing.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman