Cooking for Parties/60th anniv. open house

We are having an open house for my parents 60th wedding anniversary. It will be from 2-5pm and guest should be around 150-180 people. Cake seems so blah and I am afraid it will dry out. We will have punch and coffee and I was thinking of veggies and fruit- maybe even 5" fruit kabobs.'Is this too much food and what do you suggest??

wedding cake 2 tier Walmart
wedding cake 2 tier Wa  
Since you are not having this open house during a mealtime, light refreshments are all that you will need.
I would definitely keep the cake and if you want it to look special get a tiered cake from Wal-mart as they make great fresh and inexpensive cakes. You can look through their book of wedding cakes which are lovely and a 3 tier cake is about $125.  I've attached a photo of a 2 tier cake I served at my wedding and it was delicious and fresh.  It served 70 people with leftovers.  Punch, coffee and cake with fruit kabobs would be a light repast that would be just right for this kind of event.  Wal-mart will change the colors of icing, they put pink on my cake instead of white.  It won't dry out either.

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman

I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

Catering and parties are a large part of the restaurant business. I do a lot of catering for local parties and weddings.
Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Past/Present Clients expert for 9 years, owner with 30 thousand original recipes on site.