Cooking for Parties/bridal shower for 25

QUESTION: Hello Teri,
I am hosting a bridal shower luncheon and serving lunch for 25 adult women.  I'm planning on having a chineese chicken salad, a fruit platter and small sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls.  My question is should I serve both, egg salad  sliders and tuna sliders or keep it to one.  How many should I serve?  
Thank you,

ANSWER: Go with the egg salad, tuna salad will be overpowering to the other dishes that you're serving. Have a great time!

QUESTION: Thanks for getting back to me with  your answer so quickly.  I'm wondering how many of those egg salad slider I should make.  

Figure 1.5 per person because some will eat 2 and some won't with all the other food. If they are very small go with 2 per person.  To me a slider is a 1-2 oz bun with an ounce of filling which doesn't sound like a lot but we are so conditioned to over eat that we will never get it right until we learn proper portion sizes.  You will need 2 dozen eggs and 36 buns for the sliders.  I'd suggest a simple egg salad that everyone will love *no relish* but some gherkins on the side would take care of the relish lovers. Mayo, a hint of mustard a pinch of salt and a few turns of the pepper mill and you have a simple egg salad everyone will love.  My dad used to add a can of tuna to his egg salad and called it fish egg salad and it was really delicious--don't know what made me think of that!
Have fun!

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman

I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

Catering and parties are a large part of the restaurant business. I do a lot of catering for local parties and weddings.
Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Graduate, Le Cordon Bleu, Tokyo, Japan

Past/Present Clients expert for 9 years, owner with 30 thousand original recipes on site.