Cooking for Parties/bridal shower for 25

Question
QUESTION: Hello Teri,
I am hosting a bridal shower luncheon and serving lunch for 25 adult women.  I'm planning on having a chineese chicken salad, a fruit platter and small sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls.  My question is should I serve both, egg salad  sliders and tuna sliders or keep it to one.  How many should I serve?  
Thank you,
Pat

ANSWER: Go with the egg salad, tuna salad will be overpowering to the other dishes that you're serving. Have a great time!

QUESTION: Thanks for getting back to me with  your answer so quickly.  I'm wondering how many of those egg salad slider I should make.  
Thanks,
Pat

Answer
Figure 1.5 per person because some will eat 2 and some won't with all the other food. If they are very small go with 2 per person.  To me a slider is a 1-2 oz bun with an ounce of filling which doesn't sound like a lot but we are so conditioned to over eat that we will never get it right until we learn proper portion sizes.  You will need 2 dozen eggs and 36 buns for the sliders.  I'd suggest a simple egg salad that everyone will love *no relish* but some gherkins on the side would take care of the relish lovers. Mayo, a hint of mustard a pinch of salt and a few turns of the pepper mill and you have a simple egg salad everyone will love.  My dad used to add a can of tuna to his egg salad and called it fish egg salad and it was really delicious--don't know what made me think of that!
Have fun!

Cooking for Parties

Teri Davis Newman