Cooking & Restaurant Management/personal chefs

Question
Hello!  I am hoping you will be able to help me...any advice will be appreciated!  I am looking for a personal chef to come into my friend's home and cook one nutritious, well-rounded meal a day for a friend of mine in Kansas City, KS.  He is a busy bachelor who works all day and has trouble eating good meals in the evening.  I am only looking for one meal and one serving a day, for four days, M-Th (four meals/week).  My friend would be of course flexible...can freeze some meals for the week or whatever.  I just would like him to have a few nutritious and varied meals ready to eat.  Not sure how to go about doing this as everything I have seen online is for large families and very expensive.  I would also prefer if they do the shopping.  
My question for you:  
How do I go about finding a personal chef that would cook four meals/week as well as do the shopping, and not break my bank account?  Could you tell me a reasonable price range to expect for such a service?  Also, please tell me the best way to find this person, and if you have any recommendations?  
Thank you, as I know this is a tall order question to answer!  Even if you have any suggestions or ideas, I would appreciate it!  Thanks!

Answer
Hi Joanna,

I do know that there are many excellent personal chefs out there and I am sure there are some in your local area or at least on the Missouri side.  Here is a link to a website that you can fill in information and receive bids from Chefs providing this service:

http://www.thumbtack.com

I am simply not familiar enough with current fee structures to do anymore than give you an educated guess, but for four meals, shopping and delivery/preparation in someone's home, I would expect to spend $80-$100 per week.  The problem is that it takes very nearly as much time to prepare a meal for ONE as it would to prepare a meal for four, so with just one person you have no real efficiency.

I hope this provides you with a bit of help!

David Foster
dfoster@fosterandassociates.net
(417) 877-0428 office
(417) 849-1903 cell

Cooking & Restaurant Management

David Foster