Cooking & Restaurant Management/serve safe

Question
I currently have a serve safe certification that I know is valid for NY and PA(because I have been a rest mamanger in  oth states), I am moving to NC very shortly and I was wondering if my certification is still valid and good in the state of NC, or will I have to re take the test when I am in NC???

thanks a bunch david

elissia

Answer
Elissia,

My first thought is that it will be valid, provided that you obtained it through ServSafe and it has not expired.  That being said, I searched online but could not verify this.  I believe the only way you can be certain will be to contact the North Carolina Health Department and ask if they have a reciprocity program with the state you received your certification through.

I hope this helps!

David Foster
Foster and Associates
dfoster@fosterandassociates.net

Cooking & Restaurant Management

David Foster