Cooking & Restaurant Management/serve safe

I currently have a serve safe certification that I know is valid for NY and PA(because I have been a rest mamanger in  oth states), I am moving to NC very shortly and I was wondering if my certification is still valid and good in the state of NC, or will I have to re take the test when I am in NC???

thanks a bunch david

My first thought is that it will be valid, provided that you obtained it through ServSafe and it has not expired.  That being said, I searched online but could not verify this.  I believe the only way you can be certain will be to contact the North Carolina Health Department and ask if they have a reciprocity program with the state you received your certification through.

I hope this helps!

David Foster
Foster and Associates

Cooking & Restaurant Management

David Foster

Any questions related to restaurants, restaurant management, restaurant start-ups as well as culinary and food-related questions.

I am a seasoned foodservice veteran with nearly 45 years experience in the industry. My extensive background includes overseeing multi-unit, multi-concept restaurant operations ranging from cafeterias to fine dining, and everything in between. I have a strong hands-on operations and marketing background that give me a unique insight into the “Real World” challenges of the restaurant industry. I have extensive concept development, menu and recipe development and kitchen layout and design expertise. I am effective in analyzing operational needs and identifying practical solutions in today’s very dynamic foodservice environment. In the industry, I am respected by my peers and have served on the Board of Directors of the Missouri Restaurant Association and have been a featured speaker on the subject of Home Meal Replacement at various national events. I served on the Culinary Advisory Board of the Ozark Technical College as well as being a guest instructor at Missouri State University.

Member of the National Restaurant Association, Past Board Member of the Missouri Restaurant Association, Past Board Member of Big Brothers, Big Sisters of the Ozarks

The Consultant, Seasoned Views, QSR Magazine, Foodservice Equipment Reports

Attended Drury College, Springfield, MO, Varsity Management, SRI

I have had restaurant projects featured in The Consultant (a magazine for foodservice consultants with worldwide circulation). I was honored for achieving the highest level of management competence by the Selection Research Institute.

Holiday Inn Hilton Garden Inn TownePlace Suites Buffalo Run Casino Golden Corral Corporation Crosswinds Café Chinese Chef Mr. Dunderbak's Old World Market & Café Bullfeather’s Wings and Grille, Mainstreet Market Bear Rock Café, Cartoon's Oyster Bar & Grill T's Redneck Roadhouse Jim's Steakhouse Neighbor's Mill Bakery & Café Crazy Vine San Francisco Oven Maria's Mexican Restaurant Andy's Frozen Custard The Granite Club Umi Japanese Steaks, Seafood and Sushi Hero's Coffee Mac 'N More South & Walnut Bruegger's Bagels KFC A&W PIzza Hut A Taste of India Benton Square Springfield Grocer Company US Foodservice Premium Standard Farms Smithfield Dakota Organic Meyer Natural Foods Kraft Foods Allens, Inc. Swift Pork USA