Cooking & Restaurant Management/Latin cuisine

Question
Mr.Foster

I am using a tropical tuber called : Malanga Lila
I make a Fritter with it, unfortunately i am not able to obtain the taste of the Malanga lila.
I am looking for a way to enhance the taste of the Malanga Lila, what ingredients are able to enhance the taste of the Malanga Lila.

Thank you

Answer
Hi Claude,

I do not have experience cooking the Malanga Lilia root.  I did a bit of research and most sources that make fritters from this will peel and grate the malangas and mix with eggs, garlic, and salt. They then refrigerate this "batter" and fry for 2-3 minutes in a quality vegetable oil at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

As far as enhancing the taste, I would recommend using a creative dipping sauce for the fritters. You can be creative, but a Tamarindo Ketchup or a Cilantro Sauce would bring out the flavor well.

I hope this helps!

David

Foster and Associates
dfoster@fosterandassociates.net

Cooking & Restaurant Management

David Foster