Cooking & Restaurant Management/Malanga Lila from Latin America

Question
Mrs Moreno

I am using a tropical tuber called : Malanga Lila
I make a Fritter with it, unfortunately i am not able to obtain the taste of the Malanga lila.
I am looking for a way to enhance the taste of the Malanga Lila, what ingredients are able to enhance the taste of the Malanga Lila.

Thank you

Answer
My mother and grandmother would place 4 or 5 cloves of garlic in the olive oil and let them come to a point before frying - then they (as I)would remove the garlic and put in the malanga rounds and fry them until you see them getting brown - then remove from the oil and place on top of paper towels and immediately after sprinkle with kosher salt.

This should help.

Take care.

Ginger  

Cooking & Restaurant Management

Ginger Moreno