Cooking & Restaurant Management/Operation( pretreatment)

Question
QUESTION: Mr. Summers

I do the deshydratation (drying) of the malanga lila.
Before i put it in the deshydrator i do a

-steam blanching
- add : lemon juice
In order to destroy the enzymes to prevent the deterioration of this vegetable. I am trying to keep the taste as much as possible

My time for the steam blanching is 10 minutes and than i put it in cold water for 8 minutes.
BUT i think i put(i spray on the pieces) to much lemon juice because the taste of the lemon is way to much.

How can i do the DOSAGE for the lemon juice OR should i use spirit vinegar and what would be the DOSAGE and how to add it on the vegetable?
Do you have another tip to maintain the TASTE of the malanga lila?

Thank you very much

ANSWER: I need to know why are you using a dehydrator?

QUESTION: to turn the malanga lila into POWDER

Answer
If you continue to dehydrate it, you will lose its (very little) flavor. Nothing will stop this process since that is the nature of dehydration in root vegetables. Malanga brings very little flavor to a dish as it's used primarily like a potato or yam. It's main attribute is that it can be substituted for wheat flour if someone is not tolerant of wheat or gluten. But even then, there isn't much of a flavor profile to it. It's also a good binder substitute. Otherwise, you might consider changing your application as something more along the lines of a chip (fresh) were you can add flavor through the use of different salts and other spices.  

Cooking & Restaurant Management

Jeffrey Summers