Coping with Loss/Only the Good Die Young

K wrote at 2013-03-06 04:41:10
I had a similar type thing happen to fiance passed away overnight from an accidental overdose of Methadone...which was a prescription medication. But he was on the fentynal patch at one point for pain..and I knew people that would want it from him to get that "high". He was 27, and I was 26 and pregnant with his child..who is now 4. I feel your pain, and stress...anxiety..I deal with it everyday as well. Take all of the advice of the previous answer..with time the pain gets less..but the grief never goes away. It is hard, and unfair. but life is worth more than being sad and depressed all the time  

Coping with Loss

Joanne Flint

Dealing with the death of close family members and loss of a friend. Dealing with betrayal; how to accept it, deal with it and move on.

I lost my parents, who died less than eight months apart and a newborn son three months following the death of my mother. A year following this, my brother died suddenly and a 19 year old cousin was crushed to death in a car accident on his birthday. Now I am facing the impending death of a very good friend. I have also dealt with the death of a husband. I have found that talking with people with similiar experiences has helped me and I have been told that it has also helped them greatly.

A licensed nurse for twenty four years with several years working on a Psych ward as well as being the Executive Director and Director of Nursing Services for a Group Home for mentally ill and mentally retarded.

Awarded top clinical and top academic grade at my nursing graduation. Also was a member of the English Honors' Class while attending a local college.

I don't share information about people with whom I talk, unless given permission. I am not a doctor, but I have given insight and hope to people just like myself.