Coping with Older/Younger Relationships/Took your advice and...

QUESTION: Hi Azure I hope you remember my question. So I took our advice, and I found out a shocking truth...Tonight when we met up, I intended on finally taking the next step with him...He told me that he wasn't 27, but that he was in fact 38! I am so mad I don't know what to do! I'm only 20! He told me that since we're about to become intimate, he wanted to "get something off his chest." I was so pissed! Needless to say nothing happened after his confession, but I don't know what to do here. I am so hurt/mad/confused. I love the person inside, but that's before I knew of the 18 year age difference! I'm not sure of what I should do exactly.

ANSWER: what do you WANT to do?

QUESTION: I don't know, that's why I am asking for your advice. I mean he looks very young, which is a good thing, but at the same time I feel deceived. But I have been his gf for a little over a year, it makes me question our entire relationship. If you could lie about something as trivial as your age, then what else could you be hiding right?

it's a tough one...alot of guys lie about age, but on his behalf, he came clean prior to anything sexual; as for him lieing about other stuff, who knows?..if he's truly sorry, and you truly like or love him, you should keep seeing him, but if the whole thing has destroyed all trust, no one can blame you for moving on...

Coping with Older/Younger Relationships

expertise: over 6000 questions answered...B.A. Psychology Bates College;graduate study, Fordham Univ. School Social Work; technical editor, "dating for dummies", by dr joy browne; thoughtful consideration of your question, then insightful advice about love,romance and related issues given in an objective, non-judgmental manner...over 20 years of personal experience in both short and long term relationships...longer term consultations are available experience: personal involvement in many relationships where issues of love, sex, intimacy, trust, etc., had to be dealt with and resolved...just having "experiences", however, isn`t`s the thoughtful reflection upon and analysis of what happened and why, that leads to learning and tell me what`s on your mind and i`ll try to help, or tell you if i can`t...thanks

see above