Coping with Older/Younger Relationships/Younger girl dating older guy

Question
My ex and I just recently broke up due to him finding out I lied about my age. He just turned 29 on the 20th and I'm 17 and told him that I was 23. We were together for 10 months, I met his brothers and his parents and we fell in love instantly. Planned our future and getting married. Now that we have broken up it's been hard for the both of us. We still love each other and continue to communicate since I'll be 18 in a couple of months. We plan on getting back together on my birthday. I know what I did was wrong and I could've got him in trouble, but everything was under control until his friend did investigating. Do you think our age difference matters since we are in love? We've been getting difference advice from people and they've said if we love each other it shouldn't matter. Help!

Answer
love isn't always all that matters; there can be many practical concerns---what others think, common interests, and most importantly, you'll be giving up these once in a lifetime years where you really should be experiencing/learning/growing without being that emotionally involved with 1 person--it really stunts your growth as a person; then, 3 years later if it ends, you can't get those years back, ever....something to think about..

Coping with Older/Younger Relationships

Azure