Copyright & Patents/Patent Question

Question
I've thought of a simple invention. I began writing the patent but I only have a little bit more than one page and one drawing. Do you think this is enough for a provisional patent? Do provisional patents get reviewed? If they do and my patent is rejected for any reason, would I have to pay an additional fee to correct my patent?

Answer
You get the priority date on what you disclose. It is an informal document. It is not an examined document. It is filed and forgotten until you refer to it in your formal application, which is due within 12 months of the formal.

At that time, you can throw in any additions or improvements, usually.

I hope that helps

George H. Morgan
Patent Agent
http://www.Morganandassociates.net  

Copyright & Patents

George H. Morgan, P.E., Patent Agent