Copyright & Patents/Provisional Patent

If there are no people that review provisional patents, then will there be a problem if there are some parts of my provisional application that are missing, can not be patented, or is not specific enough? If there is a problem, will I be notified and be able to correct it? Do I have to spend an additional fee?

Also, where can I find a step by step video to helping me file for a provisional patent

As I said, it is not an examined document. If & when you refer to it in your formal application, they will pull it out of the file and look at it. You only get priority on what you filed. This does not cost you extra (other than the formal filing fee if you file a formal application.

Try "Patent It Yourself" by Dave Pressman, published by Nolo Press of Berkeley, California. You can get it through your local public library, or buy it from Amazon.

Best wishes on your project.

George H. Morgan

Copyright & Patents

George H. Morgan, P.E., Patent Agent

U.S. Patent Law only, no copyright or trademark qualification. I was a volunteer in the past, but my homeland defense activities pulled me away at times, and I was dropped. If you want me back, I am willing to come back.

Thirty one years as a Registered U.S. Patent Agent and a lifetime in product and manufacturing process and methods development as well as sales and marketing of new products with a number of blue chip corporations.

Rotary, Society of Automotive Engineers, American Army Aviation Association, Registered Professional Engineer, St. Vincent De Paul Society, Indiana Guard Reserve Officer

Various Society of Manufacturing Engineers & Society of Automotive Engineers technical publications. Ref. my web site:

B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (Machine Design Option), L.S.U., Baton Rouge, Louisiana; M.S. in Mechanical Engineering (Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics Option), University of Missouri at Rolla, Missouri, Helicopter Maintenance Course, 18 weeks, Ft. Sill Army Aviation School, Troop Information and Education Leadership Course, Ft. Sill, Oklahoma, Numerous Society of Automotive Engineers Seminars, Dale Carnegie Management Training Instructors Course.

Bausch & Lomb Science Award, Indiana Homeland Defense Service Ribbon, 2003.