Copyright & Patents/Domain Name

Hi George,

I've got a personal training business with a few trainers and a studio. I've got personal training leads by having a website which has the suburb and personal training as the domain name. It works quite well. I'm also working with a physio and acupuncturist who are my current clients. I am also working with them as joint ventures and referral partners. I want to generate them more leads and in turn have them refer more clients to us. Is it wrong or illegal to create a website with suburb physiotherapy or suburb acupuncturist and then call the leads and organise for them to go to my joint venture partners. My thoughts are to create a business name "south west total fitness" or something and have a more holistic approach and not just personal training. But I'm not a physio nor an acupuncturist. Is it false advertising to get websites advertising for my referral partners. You see, they are good at their craft, but I'm good online.

I don't see a problem. If there was, I doubt any jury would convict you! I think that is a very creative approach. Best wishes!  I wish a had a client that smart for my minor web site maintenance!

George H. Morgan  

Copyright & Patents

George H. Morgan, P.E., Patent Agent

U.S. Patent Law only, no copyright or trademark qualification. I was a volunteer in the past, but my homeland defense activities pulled me away at times, and I was dropped. If you want me back, I am willing to come back.

Thirty one years as a Registered U.S. Patent Agent and a lifetime in product and manufacturing process and methods development as well as sales and marketing of new products with a number of blue chip corporations.

Rotary, Society of Automotive Engineers, American Army Aviation Association, Registered Professional Engineer, St. Vincent De Paul Society, Indiana Guard Reserve Officer

Various Society of Manufacturing Engineers & Society of Automotive Engineers technical publications. Ref. my web site:

B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (Machine Design Option), L.S.U., Baton Rouge, Louisiana; M.S. in Mechanical Engineering (Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics Option), University of Missouri at Rolla, Missouri, Helicopter Maintenance Course, 18 weeks, Ft. Sill Army Aviation School, Troop Information and Education Leadership Course, Ft. Sill, Oklahoma, Numerous Society of Automotive Engineers Seminars, Dale Carnegie Management Training Instructors Course.

Bausch & Lomb Science Award, Indiana Homeland Defense Service Ribbon, 2003.