Copyright & Patents/doubt clearence

Question
sir! i am a student of first year mechanical eng. in india.i have a little doubt about my idea.i just wana ask that how can i get advice for my idea of my innovation and how can i submit my patent.i will be very happy if you help me out.thankyou!

Answer
Dear Surjit, you are embarking on a career that has served me well over the past sixty years! My congratulations!

My website:  www.morganandassociates.net has a lot of information helpful for creative people and parents afflicted with creative children. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, it has links to additional information. There is a book review page there with texts I have found very helpful. A good first read is "Patent It Yourself" by David Pressman. It is a great "cookbook" on how to prepare a patent application.

Study hard and work as if it depends entirely on yourself, then pray to God as if it depended entirely on Him! (Quote from St. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Jesuits some 400 years ago).

As you develop your technical proficiencies, you will have many good ideas. You just have to discern which are the ones to pursue first, doing it is such a way that you don't bankrupt yourself, in case it doesn't pay off & you need to proceed to the next idea.

Best wishes and highest regards!

Copyright & Patents

George H. Morgan, P.E., Patent Agent