Costa Rica/biting insects

dianne wrote at 2014-07-14 03:39:38
I had little black flying bugs bite me and draw blood. Like little black flies with flat wings like a moth that fold together (as opposed to a fly). They were a little aggravating and seemed to land only when I was standing in the shade (next to our car at the rangers station near Santa Maria volcano area). They have left behind bumps that itch, and some like postules. Some with hard bumps. All itch. It's been 10 days. Did your black bugs fly? I'll bet they are the same ones. How are you doing now? Any other advice from the expert here? Thanks.

Costa Rica

Braulio Odio

I will be more than glad to answer any questions that you have about vacations in Costa Rica. I have been in the tourism industry since 1998 and involved with volunteer programs. I have traveled throughout the country, stayed in the best and the worst hotels. I have also extensive knowledge of sustainable travel. Costa Rica is not only all inclusive resorts and big enetrprise hotels. In this beautiful country you will also find off the beaten path travel experiences. In my website yo can also find valuable information about Costa Rica

Psychology Degree Natural Resource Management