Costa Rica/Waldorf Schools in costa Rica

Kirstin wrote at 2009-07-27 06:40:05
I am aware of a waldorf school about 2 hours outside San Jose, as I understand it, near Turrialba. I am acually heading to costa rica at the end of August to help out in this school. I guess it is pretty new and we are staying in Turrialba so it is near there but I don't know much more about it than that...hope this helps!  

Ancel wrote at 2010-06-17 03:08:27
There are Waldorf kindergartens in Puerto Viejo, on the Caribbean, Liberia, in Guanacaste, and Turrialba, in the central region. The Turrialba school also has grades. The school listed in the above answer is no longer a waldorf school.

Ancel wrote at 2010-11-02 14:14:54
The Playa Chiquita School is closed. There is a Waldorf kindergarten in Puerto Viejo,

and there are kindergartens in Coronado (near San Jose), Turrialba, juan Vinas and Liberia. Hope this helps!

JanoschGWS wrote at 2013-11-05 15:05:33
There is a Waldorf school (and kindergarten) in Hernandez (near Tamarindo and Villareal), which is called "Guanacaste Waldorf School" - it was just renamed and some of you may know it as "Centro Bilingue Waldorf - Naturaleza y Pura Vida".

It provides a Kindergarten (2-6 years) and a school, which is offering classes 1 to 4 (6-10 years) at the moment. But the school will grow with its students. Besides that, the children are learning individually and skill-orientated (esp. languages).

Kindergarten and school are bilingual (Spanish and English). Both languages are taught by native speakers at school (2.5 days English, 2.5 days Spanish). Furthermore German is taught as first foreign language two times a week.

The primary language in Kindergarten is English, but also Spanish elements are used very often.

More information and pictures you can find on the website:

...or on the facebook-page:

Costa Rica

Beatrice Blake

I can recommend the best places to visit with children in Costa Rica, based on their ages and the family`s interests and budget. My two children were born in Costa Rica and I have traveled with them all over the country while doing research for my guidebook, The New Key to Costa Rica. I also help people (with or without children) pick the best and most responsible ecotourism destinations and can advise them on the best ways to get around within the time they have.

Past/Present clients
People who are planning trips to Costa Rica and want to get the most out of their vacation.