Costa Rica/my child leaving CR


Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson wrote at 2014-05-10 23:18:26
If the father is not listed as the father of the child then there will be no problem, if the father wanted he could ask for a DNA test or even acknowledge himself as the father of the child, if there is a conflict regarding who the father is, then a paternity investigation would be needed and can be filed in court by either parent.

This is true in Costa Rica as well as in the USA.

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson

Costa Rica

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Tucker Comstock


Can answer any questions about Costa Rica from perspective of a resident - weather, driving times/distances, things to see and things to avoid, what you should be nervous about and what is really not a problem, except in your head. I have lots of experience with government regulation, banking, property ownership, legal structures, insurance issues, employing people.


Resident of Costa Rica. Operating a business in Costa Rica sine 1991. Designer and publisher of technical information on Costa Rica travel. Experienced world traveler, so have grasp of travel standards required by many types of people


Bachelors degree, University of Colorado Masters, University of Michigan Commercial balloon pilot (flown balloons in 20 countries)

©2017 All rights reserved.