Costa Rica/Selling my Canadian car in Costa Rica

Hi, I am driving through Central America and want to sell my car in either Nicaragua, Costa Rica or panama. I am struggling to find solid info about how or even whether this is possible, it's a Toyota 4runner 1994 and I have had a lot of interest but hear conflicting information on selling it and legal paperwork, government tax and (especially in Nicaragua) that because it is over 10 years old I can't sell it. Any information would be really appreciated, thank you.

The Laws change a lot, specially on importing cars into Costa Rica.
You will have a better chance of selling the car if you go through the red tape and get Costarrican license plates.
You may have to sell it ver cheap if not.
To give you more exact information, you will need to send me all the ingormation you have on the car and Ill have to do some research on the new laws and procedures on that specific car.
One good thing is that the type of car you have is fairly popular in Costa Rica.  

Costa Rica

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.

American/Costarrican Attorney at Law/Real Estate Broker, We specialize in relocation and expat services related to Costa Rica, Residency, Immigration proceedures,Real Estate sales, International Law, Business Law, Corporations, Family Law, Wedding planning, private investigations and genealogical research, Notarial services, tax shelters, Civil and Criminal Law, serving of court documents. We can also advise on several other aspects related to Costa Rica, such as Tourism, everyday living, culture, etc.

20 years experience with clients from over 75 countries, Presidential candidate for of the Costarrican Barr Association 1999 Presently running for Congress at the Costarrican Legislative Assembly 2014-2018

Past member Masonic Lodge Past President Lions Club Past President Community developement association Past Delegate of the Supreme Tribunal of Elections

La Republica Newspaper, Tico Times, AM Costa Rica, La Prensa Libre, La Nación, Daily Extra, Gamma Liason news agency, SIPA Press, SYGMA News agency, Channel 6,7,11,13,19,42 TV, National USA TV, many radio programs.

Autonomous University of Central America Univerisity of Costa Rica Glendale College Lumbleau Real Estate School University of San Judas Tadeo

Numerous certificates and distinctions from the Barr Association, the Journalists association,the Medical association, the Supreme Court,the Judicial Power (OIJ) Eagle scout badge with three palms