Costa Rica/Car/People Ferries from U.S.A

Any idea if there are any companies that provide sea transportation. My father is 88 yrs old and he will never be able to visit unless it is by sea.

Thank you, Alan

Dear Alan,

i am not aware of any companies that provide ferries to Costa Rica, but many cruises include stops at the Atlantic port of Limón or the Pacific port of Caldera, see or, or

Hope this helps,

Costa Rica

Beatrice Blake

I can recommend the best places to visit with children in Costa Rica, based on their ages and the family`s interests and budget. My two children were born in Costa Rica and I have traveled with them all over the country while doing research for my guidebook, The New Key to Costa Rica. I also help people (with or without children) pick the best and most responsible ecotourism destinations and can advise them on the best ways to get around within the time they have.

Past/Present clients
People who are planning trips to Costa Rica and want to get the most out of their vacation.