Costa Rica/Costa Rican Citizenship

Question
Good Afternoon . . . Mr. Lawson:

I am a semi-retired Certified Fraud Examiner specializing in healthcare.  I am very interested in establishing residency citizenship in your beautiful country.  My wife and I plan to be there in April 2014 on holiday.  Based on what I have researched on the internet, we should be able to meet the requirements.  To start the process now, what are the next steps and time line for establishing duel residency citizenship?

Thank you for your kind assistance

Answer
Good Evening, Mr.Truitt
There are several types of residency that you may apply for, citizenship is another process after several years after obtaining residency.
You will each need to file for residency here in Costa Rica, have an Attorney take care of the documents from this end.
You will need an original birth certificate, a background letter from the police department and any diploma that you may want to have acknowledged in Costa Rica, a proof of permanent income, that states that you receive that amount in a permanent, continuos and stable manner for at least five years.
Each person has a separate file and either person or the combined income can be included to qualify.
If you would like me to represent you in this this process, you can contact me at attorneykearney@yahoo.com  
My office is located in San José, Costa Rica.

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.:
    Attorney at Law
   Ph:(506)7157-9092

Costa Rica

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.