Costa Rica/divorce

Question
My fiance has filed for divorce in Costa Rica. She has been separated from her husband more than 4 years and the divorce is uncontested. An audience has been called to testify on behalf of the woman more than 5 weeks ago. How long does the judge have legally to make his decision and approve the divorce in this case?

Answer
Hi Jay,

I asked a Costa Rican lawyer about your case and she said that it would take 6 to 8 months.  She did mention that once the judge makes a decision, your fiancée or her lawyer has to take the documents to the Civil Registry (Registro Civil) because judges are not in charge of that.

I hope this helps!

Take care,
Luna

Costa Rica

Luna Nueva