Costa Rica/Divorce

My boyfriend and I want to get married. I am a US citizen living in the US and he lives in Colombia. He was previously married in Costa Rica 6 years ago and they separated 5 years ago. The ex is agreeing to the divorce but told him he will have to do everything himself. There are no assets and no children.  I would like to know the time frame for a divorce like this and the costs

Hello Ms.Cardenas
You can have a mutual consent divorce which I can prepare and file for you, I presume neither one is asking for alimony either and you both agree on everything.
The agreement will need to be done in the attorneys protocol book, signed by both of you and then filed in court for the Judge to overlook and approve, then the Judgement is made.
The second process is to file the judgement at the Civil Registry here.
The time frame for the divorce is approximately 3-4 months and another month to have it registered.
For fees you can write offline to my email which is

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.:

Costa Rica

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.

American/Costarrican Attorney at Law/Real Estate Broker, We specialize in relocation and expat services related to Costa Rica, Residency, Immigration proceedures,Real Estate sales, International Law, Business Law, Corporations, Family Law, Wedding planning, private investigations and genealogical research, Notarial services, tax shelters, Civil and Criminal Law, serving of court documents. We can also advise on several other aspects related to Costa Rica, such as Tourism, everyday living, culture, etc.

20 years experience with clients from over 75 countries, Presidential candidate for of the Costarrican Barr Association 1999 Presently running for Congress at the Costarrican Legislative Assembly 2014-2018

Past member Masonic Lodge Past President Lions Club Past President Community developement association Past Delegate of the Supreme Tribunal of Elections

La Republica Newspaper, Tico Times, AM Costa Rica, La Prensa Libre, La Nación, Daily Extra, Gamma Liason news agency, SIPA Press, SYGMA News agency, Channel 6,7,11,13,19,42 TV, National USA TV, many radio programs.

Autonomous University of Central America Univerisity of Costa Rica Glendale College Lumbleau Real Estate School University of San Judas Tadeo

Numerous certificates and distinctions from the Barr Association, the Journalists association,the Medical association, the Supreme Court,the Judicial Power (OIJ) Eagle scout badge with three palms