Costa Rica/Changing Birth Certificate

Question
I am a U.S. citizen planning to marry my boyfriend in Nicaragua and petition for a spouse visa. My boyfriend was born in Costa Rica and was only given his moms last names. When he moved to Nicaragua he was given both his appropriate last names. The embassy is now saying in order to process a visa for him he needs to change his costa rican birth certificate to reflect his correct name. What is the easiest way for him to do this?? His parents are not both able to travel to Costa rica to petition the name change.

Answer
Both his parents would need to sign a document stating the error, preferrably in Costa Rica, to avoid a an extra process.
1- His parents come to Costa Rica or I can travel to Nicaragua and have them sign the protocol book and the power of attorney signed by him  to do the name correction change in Costa Rica.
2- He can have the documents done and signed and certified in Nicaragua and have them authenticated by the Consulate and Foreign Relations in Nicaragua, then sent to me to continue here with the legalization process and then begin the name change process here.
What part of Nicaragua do you live ?
Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.
attorneykearney@yahoo.com

Costa Rica

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.