Costa Rica/Changing last name

My question is about the possibility of changing my last name in Costa Rica, my fathersand father was born in the US, and his last name was Gest, the story is that he had a child with my grand grand mother but they never put his last name - to my grandfather, so his last name was Solis. My father years ago took a DNA test to verified that he was a descendent of Gest, which the result was positive, he also got in touch with family Gest in the US by, also with the DNA support.
So my question to you is that if there is any possibility to do this change.

Yes you may change your last name if you can prove an error, with the results of the DNA test you can use as proof.
You will have to do this procedure with an Attorney in Costa Rica.
If you would like me to represent you, contact me off board.

Lic. Gregory Kearney Lawson  

Costa Rica

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.

American/Costarrican Attorney at Law/Real Estate Broker, We specialize in relocation and expat services related to Costa Rica, Residency, Immigration proceedures,Real Estate sales, International Law, Business Law, Corporations, Family Law, Wedding planning, private investigations and genealogical research, Notarial services, tax shelters, Civil and Criminal Law, serving of court documents. We can also advise on several other aspects related to Costa Rica, such as Tourism, everyday living, culture, etc.

20 years experience with clients from over 75 countries, Presidential candidate for of the Costarrican Barr Association 1999 Presently running for Congress at the Costarrican Legislative Assembly 2014-2018

Past member Masonic Lodge Past President Lions Club Past President Community developement association Past Delegate of the Supreme Tribunal of Elections

La Republica Newspaper, Tico Times, AM Costa Rica, La Prensa Libre, La Nación, Daily Extra, Gamma Liason news agency, SIPA Press, SYGMA News agency, Channel 6,7,11,13,19,42 TV, National USA TV, many radio programs.

Autonomous University of Central America Univerisity of Costa Rica Glendale College Lumbleau Real Estate School University of San Judas Tadeo

Numerous certificates and distinctions from the Barr Association, the Journalists association,the Medical association, the Supreme Court,the Judicial Power (OIJ) Eagle scout badge with three palms