Costa Rica/Dual Citizenship

Question
I was born in New York to two Costa Rican nationals who eventually became US citizens. I was interested in Dual Citizenship. I have not started to research the eligibility requirements with the embassy. Do you know if there is an age limit for the application process?

Answer
Hi George,

Thank you for your interesting question.

You don't tell me whether you were born in Costa Rica or in the U.S.  The good news is that if you register with the Registro Civil in Costa Rica, you can have dual citizenship.  You need to present yourself at the Registro Civil in San Josť and do the paperwork.

You can e-mail this person there:  Paola Arguedas parguedas@tse.go.cr

Here's a link (in Spanish):http://tse.go.cr/servicio_inscripciones.htm

I hope this helps.

Best of luck,
Luna

Costa Rica

Luna Nueva