Costa Rica/Costa Rica property sale after divorce

Question
My wife and I were married about 7 years ago in the U.S.  We urchsed a properg together in CR about 3 years ago. We divorced earlier this year in the U.S. And I live in the U.S.  She is an American living in CR. In the settlement, she gets the property in CR. In order to transfer the property to her, she is requesting a Power of Attorney. This seems unusual and I expected it to be a Quit Claim Deed. What is the correct process for releasing my interests in the property so she can sell the CR property?  Please let me know, thanks!

Answer
Hello Thomas,
That is correct, you will need to send a Specialized Power of Attorney for the sole purpose of selling the property, this will be done to a third party or to her to sign the transfer of oyur part of the property in Costa Rica.
A Public Notary in Costa Rica is the authority that can do this power of attorney and register it in Costa Rica.
If you like you can contact me also at attorneykearney@yahoo.com

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson
Attorney/Notary Public  

Costa Rica

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.