Costa Rica/Beach Bungalows

Question
Hello Visit Costa Rica,
I am a 59 year old, Caucasian, single male living in Tennessee U.S.A. I am searching to rent a super economical beach bungalow in Florida or the Carribbean area,(for the sake of cheaper airfare), for a couple of weeks or a month every year or so, during the worst of Winter weather...nothing fancy, just a hut or bungalow on or near the beach where I can relax, fish, read, and catch up on stuff and stay warm. I will be by myself. Not into night life, the club scene, or woman chasing. Just a simple, no frills or luxuries, primitive stay where I can get cheap eats, stay warm, and rest, but in a safe location.
I've found bungalows for low as $10.00/night on Corn Island, Nicaragua and beach bungalows in India for the same price, but I fear either getting robbed or the possibility of having someone plant drugs on me because they might dislike Americans, and then the nightmare or possibility of dealing with their legal systems and possibly a long prison stay.
Can you provide me with any recommendations or provide information on any links, books, etc. that would help me with what I have described above; preferrably in a country which utilizes a legal system as used in America?
I checked on airfares to some neat bungalows in Thailand but round trip would cost $1600.00. I think maybe Florida or the Carribbean area might be best economically.

Thank you greatly.

Mike E.

Answer
Cahuita National Park
Cahuita National Park  

CAHUITA FAIR
CAHUITA FAIR  
hello Mike

I will like to suggest for you to visit Cahuita in the Caribbean part very quite and nice with a great national park to walk
in fact i visit it at least twice a year
We stay in a hostel call Cabins Palmer they charge $ 20,00 room with TV no air condition private bath
they have kitchen for the guest wifi and coffee and it is very near the bus stop and several restaurants I go there to rest
another place that I recommend is Cabins DELMAR  ph, 506- 27550392 they have small fridge and it is operated by a very nice family
sending you a link for Cahuita

there is also  Puerto Viejo but there is more youth and marihuana place  though is like one hour away from CAhuita so you can stay there and visit Puerto Viejo and Manzanillo that the beach is a plus

also you can start in one place and then change to other to you convenience

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_nacional_Cahuita
http://www.cahuita.cr/
hope you find this info very helpful

Sabrina Vargas  

Costa Rica

Visit Costa Rica