Costa Rica/postgraduate study in costa rica

Question
Hi, I'm an Italian medical student. I'm planning on moving to Costa Rica once I graduate, and carry out my postgraduate study in CR. Do you know if your government recognizes the Italian degree?
would I need to  take any further exam? ( anything like the USMLE in USA)How do postgraduate studies work in CR?. Do you have a good health care in CR?  thank you

Answer
Hello, You will need to send the Diplomas/documents/subjects/grades to the Consulate of Costa Rica to have authenticated, then continue the process of authentication in Costa Rica.
If you want to practice in Costa Rica you will have to obtain residency in Costa Rica and then apply for approval at the Medical association.
You will also need to do the same process with your original birth certificate and police record clearance.
There is excellent health care in Costa Rica, specially in the private sector, the public sector (Social Health care) is well trained but has many problems related to burocracy and not enough quality medications and infrastructure.
I do a lot of these procedures, if your interested.

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson
attorneykearney@yahoo.com  

Costa Rica

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.