Costa Rica/birth father rights

I am working with a young women on a private adoption.  She became pregnant in Costa Rica.  she states that she does not know the identity of the birth father.  My question is, what rights does a birth father have when he is in Costa Rica, he is unmarried and unidentified and the birth mother is a USA citizen and does not identify him. The child is being placed for adoption.

The birth father would have to either become the registered father by accepting paternity or file for a paternity investigation, to prove that he is actually the biological father or not.
the paternity investigation can be filed by the mother or presumed father if they wish to do so.
It does not matter if he is married or single.
Was the child born in Costa Rica or the USA ?
In previous similar cases that I have represented, the Judge in the USA will ask for some forms to fill out by the father where he will sign off any rights regarding the child and the adoption and those documents should be authenticated and officially translated.
This is the procedure that I have done before.
To prevent any problems in the future, maybe the mother can provide some names of possible biological fathers.

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson  

Costa Rica

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.

American/Costarrican Attorney at Law/Real Estate Broker, We specialize in relocation and expat services related to Costa Rica, Residency, Immigration proceedures,Real Estate sales, International Law, Business Law, Corporations, Family Law, Wedding planning, private investigations and genealogical research, Notarial services, tax shelters, Civil and Criminal Law, serving of court documents. We can also advise on several other aspects related to Costa Rica, such as Tourism, everyday living, culture, etc.

20 years experience with clients from over 75 countries, Presidential candidate for of the Costarrican Barr Association 1999 Presently running for Congress at the Costarrican Legislative Assembly 2014-2018

Past member Masonic Lodge Past President Lions Club Past President Community developement association Past Delegate of the Supreme Tribunal of Elections

La Republica Newspaper, Tico Times, AM Costa Rica, La Prensa Libre, La Nación, Daily Extra, Gamma Liason news agency, SIPA Press, SYGMA News agency, Channel 6,7,11,13,19,42 TV, National USA TV, many radio programs.

Autonomous University of Central America Univerisity of Costa Rica Glendale College Lumbleau Real Estate School University of San Judas Tadeo

Numerous certificates and distinctions from the Barr Association, the Journalists association,the Medical association, the Supreme Court,the Judicial Power (OIJ) Eagle scout badge with three palms