Costume Jewels/What material is this necklace?

Casein necklace?
Casein necklace?  
Hi Valerie,

This necklace is 19" long and has a screw clasp. The beads are cool to the touch and vary in size and shape.  The largest bead is about 2.5" in circumference.  It is strung with what appears to be waxed cotton.  Could it be casein?  It came with an assortment of antique and vintage jewelry purchased at auction.

Thank you!

Hi There.. Unfortunatly I do not know very much about beads. The necklace looks lovely and I like that the clasp is the same material as the beads. Being that it is cool to the touch it is not clay, the colors loko nothing like bakelite, catalin or Casein. Ceramics perhaps. Sorry I cannot say for sure, but thank you for sharing.. They are indeed a great find and quite lovely!

Costume Jewels

Valerie Terracciano

I can look at pictures and tell if it is costume or fine jewelry and I also have done appraising by photos. I know how to identify makers by their signatures and initials, hallmarks.

I have 20 years of experience pricing and selling vintage costume jewelry. I have sold on EBay for over 10 years and have worked over 100 antique shows worldwide selling buying and collecting antique jewelry. I have recently opened my first online webs tore where I am selling my costume jewelry

I do not belong to any organizations.

I have most of my publicans on my own website.

Self educated through 20 years of reading researching books and Internet.

no awards or honors :(