Costume Jewels/Alfred Philippe Running Horse

Known Running Horse
Known Running Horse  

My Running Horse
My Running Horse  
I recently acquired a running horse brooch very similar to an Alfred Philippe brooch. Mine is unplated (or sterling), the mane is different and on the tail is etched the number 1694151, but it is not a patent (unless it was a reserved number, but released and used by someone else in 1928)

Anyway, my question is, could this be a design prototype of what became the later horse? What is it's potential value?

Thank you,

Goodness!!!! How did you ever put these two together? Looks like it was made by the same mold in deed. Even though your's looks like an earlier piece than the Trifari piece, I would guess it was made after... May I see the reverse? If stones are missing, value will be shot on the piece. I look forward to viewing the back side.

Costume Jewels

Valerie Terracciano

I can look at pictures and tell if it is costume or fine jewelry and I also have done appraising by photos. I know how to identify makers by their signatures and initials, hallmarks.

I have 20 years of experience pricing and selling vintage costume jewelry. I have sold on EBay for over 10 years and have worked over 100 antique shows worldwide selling buying and collecting antique jewelry. I have recently opened my first online webs tore where I am selling my costume jewelry

I do not belong to any organizations.

I have most of my publicans on my own website.

Self educated through 20 years of reading researching books and Internet.

no awards or honors :(