Costume Jewels/Necklace and Small Brooch

Hello. I have two pieces of jewelry that I would like to know more about. I got them from my Grandmother's jewelry box after she passed away. The cross necklace has Sarah Cov on the clasp. Any help you can offer would be most appreciated.

Hello Allison,

Necklace is by the company Sarah Coventry and is from the late 1960s early 1970s. The cross on the necklace if it has no markings it is probably also Sarah Coventry. Collectible Sarah C's jewelry is, but does not command high value. The brooch is very lovely and is from the mid 1960s. No markings? Looks like prong set rhinestones. The pieces are lovely, not worth very much and will not sell for much to a collector. I have some pieces of my grandmothers jewelry that is not very valuable.

I keep themin a small box and admire it every so often. I can still smell the stinky perfume that she used to wear on the pieces. To me this is invaluable. Thank you for submitting photos and questions to me.

Valerie T

Costume Jewels

Valerie Terracciano

I can look at pictures and tell if it is costume or fine jewelry and I also have done appraising by photos. I know how to identify makers by their signatures and initials, hallmarks.

I have 20 years of experience pricing and selling vintage costume jewelry. I have sold on EBay for over 10 years and have worked over 100 antique shows worldwide selling buying and collecting antique jewelry. I have recently opened my first online webs tore where I am selling my costume jewelry

I do not belong to any organizations.

I have most of my publicans on my own website.

Self educated through 20 years of reading researching books and Internet.

no awards or honors :(