Counseling/Help needed.

Mike wrote at 2014-04-02 08:43:49
Sarah, you've been repeatedly hypocritical (two-timing L and Z, jealousy and judgmental of Z in an unforgivable way (he does not owe anyone fidelity -- that is a "religious dogma" which his body rejects while his mind attempts to reconcile a society of judgers like yourself.  Fidelity is not natural, it is not your right; you do not deserve it -- nobody does. )

Now, you are feeling much like Z did when you left him but you are turning to others to validate your feelings.

Have you considered that "this girl" does not judge him the same way?

I hope Z is happy, and you have learned from your loss: don't be controlling of men, it does not work.  Eventually their balls remind them they don't have to kowtow to any one woman's unreasonable demands.  That is probably why Z stopped waiting.

As for Z's "admission" of being a "sex addict" -- I've already addressed that.  These are lies which both you, and our culture pushed into his head.  They are false, and Z won't be truly healthy until he sheds the self-hate imposed by jealous, fearful, controlling people (like you.)  

Patricia A. Schafer, Ph.D.

I specialize in various forms of depression and Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and also stress, phobias, life changes, grief, women's issues, men's issues, etc. My licenses are: Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor -Supervisor(LPCC-S) and Licensed Professional Chemical Dependency Counselor (LICDC) in the state of Ohio and a National Certified Counselor (NCC).

12 years experience. I counsel substance abusers, families of alcoholics/drug addictions, and codependency issues. I also specialize in social phobia; stress; anxieties; women`s issues; grief and adjustments to life changes. Some therapeutic techniques used are: CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), DBT (Dialectical Behaviorial Therapy)REBT (Rational Emotive), SFT (Solution Focused) and 12-Step, etc. If you live in the Cleveland area, you can contact me at my office for an appointment at: 440-349-4521. I am on various insurance panels and EAP programs.

Experiences of prejudice among individuals in African American and Caucasian Interracial Marriages: A Q-methodological Study (Doctoral Dissertation - December 2008; Wilsnack and Beckman's book: Alcohol Problems in Women (1984). Alcohol use and marital violence: Female and Male Differences in reactions to alcohol(pages 260-279.

Ph.D. In counseling MA In Counseling BS In Psychology

Previous president of NCOCA (North Central Ohio Counseling Association); previous president of Chi Sigma Iota. Two years VISTA volunteer on Navajo reservation in Inscription House and Shonto.

Do to HIPAA privacy laws, I do not release any info about my client.