Counseling/I Am Looking For A Depression Test

Question
QUESTION: I think I am under depression.I went through a break up, fight with 3 very close friends and a death.Is there any questionnaire i can take or something to find out?

Hope Blooms Eternal
Hope Blooms Eternal  
ANSWER: Hello Anupama

I have a depression test you can take online, to help you decide whether you're depressed. In your results, you will also find recommendations about what you can do to resolve your issues and feel better.

A break up, fights with friends and a death of a loved one is a lot to deal with. Your depression could be situational, meaning it is a result of these problems, or it may have been under way before they began.

I encourage you to take this Depression Test and follow the recommendations in the results.

You will also find help on the web site (linked above) for grief and conflict resolution, which could be helpful to you in light of what you're going through.

The most important thing is that you believe in yourself, and make up your mind that you are going to work through these issues and live the kind of life you choose for yourself.

You can do this!

My best to you,

Dr. DeFoore

QUESTION: Dear Dr DeFoore.

I took the test.I am 22 years old.The results said chronic depression.My mood has been low and dark since May 2012.The guy who broke up with me, I felt like he was my soulmate.I lost sleep for over 3 months.3 days after the break up, the fued with friends happened and I am not able to reconnect till today despite consciously trying.One of the friends insulted the woman in me and I trusted him.Then work got very hectic and I was distracted and unable to concentrate.This made me more stressed.Then I majorly screwed up at work and a week after the screwup my grandfather who raised me passed away.I have spent atleast 1 hour crying everyday and sometimes cant figure out why.I have also had some suicidal thoughts, though i lack courage to act on those thoughts.I want to feel better and do better in the various aspects of my life.I find myself angry and frustrated all the time.I want to change my job but i am stuck.I have put on 9 pounds.Now, is this situational depression?How long would it take to heal if I try the natural remedies on your website ?Please tell me what to do.

Thankyou very much

Answer
I think the natural remedies will help you, if you use them regularly until you feel better. I also suggest that you work through your grief, as described in these stages of grief very carefully, focusing on each of your losses separately.

I wouldn't be that concerned about a diagnosis (depression)...just start taking action to heal and recover, and you will start feeling better. This will take some time and energy, but it will be well worth it. You will learn and grow in the process. Look for the meaning and value in all of your experience, and you will find it.

The source of your healing is within you. Your healing process will take you deeper into the goodness of your heart.

My best to you,

Dr. DeFoore  

Counseling

William DeFoore, Ph.D.