I am a psychologist; I will start working with an adolescent of 13 years old who has committed several sexual offenses and I would like to know if you can give me some ideas of how to work with young sex offenders using art therapy. I read in one of your answers to another person that you have an article or some material that involves a five phase treatment program for juvenile sex offenders, is that so? I think it could be helpful for me.

Thank you for contacting me, Marķa. My master's thesis is posted here:
A Four-Phase Treatment Design for Juvenile Sex Offenders
After looking at it, if you want to discuss further, please write back to me through my website or All Experts.

Nori Muster

Art therapy, positive thinking, and abuse recovery.

I have been an expert at since 2000. Before that, during college and graduate school, I put in approximately three hundred volunteer hours working at juvenile halls. I also worked in drug and alcohol counseling agencies. In addition, I have done art and writing therapy with young people who grew up in abusive religious groups.

The International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA), helps families, people who grew up in cults, and people leaving cults.

Books by Nori:
Dreaming Peace: Your Thoughts Can Change the World, a history of positive thinking and how to practice it in the post-9/11 world.
Child of the Cult, a collection of stories about children who grew up in restrictive religious groups.
Cult Survivor's Handbook: Seven Paths to an Authentic Life, a recovery handbook for people who had a bad experience in a group.

For a summary of all writing, see

Masters of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies (psychology, counseling, and criminal justice), Western Oregon University, 1991.

Betrayal of the Spirit: My Life behind the Headlines of the Hare Krishna Movement won an award from for best selling book in its category.