Counseling/dolor emocional

dear friend:
I am suffering a fourth episode of depression because I had a girlfriend and then I suspected she was pulling my leg. I quit her and abandon her. I am consulting a psychiatrist and taking 5 different medicines for my depression. I am seriously thinking about call her up and ask to be friend again in order to cure this enormous depression.
What do you think?

There are many people who are able to remain friends after they breakup in a relationship, and there are probably just as many that cannot. Since the feelings in a relationship are so strong, some people just can not go back to being friends.

Only you and your girlfriend will be able to decide that, but if you need to speak with her and clarify how you feel, that may be a good idea to help you move forward. Good luck.

Bill Rehkamp, M.S., LMHC

Hello! I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor located in Miami Florida that specializes in providing career guidance and counseling. I promise to listen to your concerns in a calm, positive, and non-judgmental way. I have over 12 years of counseling experience helping individual address career related issues such as: stress management, school achievement, family crisis, depression, anxiety, wellness, relationships issues, and substance abuse. Are you a student interested in working professionally in the mental health field? I can help you too! I provide career assessment, educational and career planning information to individuals who are considering changing or entering a new career. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

I have worked professionally as a counselor in several non-profit and government agencies for the past 12 years. I first started working on a crisis suicide hotline in Miami, then for a non-profit shelter helping adolescents and families in distress. I have worked for an agency assisting people with disabilities to seek and obtain meaningful employment, and have experience in employee assistance.

American Counseling Association (ACA), Professional Member.

I have a Master's degree in Counseling from Florida International University, National Board Certification in Rehabilitation Counseling, and State Licensure in Mental Health Counseling.